Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day slipped up on me this year. I have an idea of plants, decorated pots but looking for poems or a good way to incorporate poetry with the plant. My students are working on poetry this week, CC 2.4, and doing an outstanding job so yesterday I thought, MOTHER'S DAY POEMS! Anyone out there have a good idea on that? I have some thoughts but would love to gather some ideas! I have the pots, tulip bulbs (I know, I know I need to plant now! But in my defense the bulbs are already starting to grow through the bag!) but in need of some poems or ideas of how to generate some sweet poems for mom. I am thinking similes to flowers? What do you think? I will post some pics once we make them!

1 comment:

  1. I decided to decorate flowerpots and plant some tulip bulbs in them. I made one at home......it's in the oven cooking now. I took those cheap pots from a craft store, Micheals, the terra cotta ones. Then I made a glue and water mixture (no measurement here, just make it runny) and "painted" the pot. Then I took tissue paper (from the Dollar Tree, the type you use for gifts) and cut little squares....about 1x1 and random sizes. I smoothed them down over the glue on the pot and taaaaa daaaaa! I have a beautiful pot! I will put dirt in it, plant a bulb that I had left over from my garden (you can get a bag of 100 tulips from Sams for about 15.00) and that is the gift for Mother's Day. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete