Sunday, August 18, 2013

Crate Bookshelves, Baskets, Plastic Plates and Socks


So I made the crates that I saw on Pinterest (I would give credit to whoever began them but I saw them everywhere and don't know who to credit!) It was surprisingly easy....not always what I find when I take off on a Pinterest craft wave. The hardest part was finding the crates all one color. I went with the blue crates from Walmart because they interlock. Now with that said the interlock is not stable enough for a classroom full of 7 year olds. I took zip ties and secured them. They are incrediblye stable now! I bought the green baskets at the Dollar Store. Two per crate. The baskets were $24.00 total and the creates were a little under $40.00 so it wasn't a cheap project however I created more bookshelf space in my room and it matches my color scheme! I use it for my students to keep their fluency books in it as well as their "whiteboards" markers and "erasers" and their data notebooks. I say "whiteboards" because this year they are writing on plastic plates. I bought a pack of 50 for $3.00. I then bought socks (Turbo the new kid movie out) for erasers. Last year I bought those cute little paddle whiteboards and they are just shot. They were expensive and now they look awful. The plates won't bother me if they are ruined they were cheap! I was surprised at how well this works with expos and how easy the sock cleans it! I chose blue plates and found that only red shows up well on it. The white plates would be a better option for you to be able to see but you know blue matches my room ;) The bookshelf fits perfect under my Smartboard. It was a great project, took very little time to complete. Quick and easy! It's the first thing someone notices when they walk in and they always say they love it and ask how I did it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment